UPDATE 3/16/2020 – Following guidance from the California Dental Association, our office will be open for emergency dental care only. OUR OFFICE WILL BE CALLING ALL SCHEDULED PATIENTS IN THAT 14 DAY WINDOW TO RESCHEDULE. This will help provide more protective masks to our community health care providers, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are happy to assist our community in any way we can.
Patients who are over 65 have been encouraged by the state of California to stay home, and we will be happy to reschedule you if you feel it necessary. However, if you feel you would still like to make your appointment or you have a true dental emergency please contact our office and we will make sure to accommodate you.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- We ask that you do not bring family members with you to your appointment unless they are medically necessary. Any family or friends who are not medically necessary will be asked to remain outside the office.
- Patients may check in at the front desk or by calling our front office. If you call to check in, we will notify you by phone that we are ready to see you. Patients will be directed to wash their hands and will then be seated immediately.
- No magazines, reading material or toys will be provided at this time in our waiting area.
Patients will be screened according to the recommendations from the CDC which include:
- Patient temperature will be taken at the time of your appointment.
- Travel history for the past 14 days.
- Symptom history for the past 14 days including symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
If a patient has any of the above symptoms or history, they will be asked to reschedule at a different time, and may be directed to inform your personal care physician of your symptoms. Patients will only be seen in the event of a true dental emergency under the consultation of your doctor.